Obituary – Son of Frank Peterson
East Liverpool Tribune
DEATH RESULTED FROM PNEUMONIA
The Three-Year-Old Son of Frank Peterson Was Recovering From Lye Poisoning When Lungs Became Effected.
Nearly four months ago the 3-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Peterson of Kountz avenue, swallowed a quantity of concentrated lye. Dr. Holland was called and the case apparently yielded to treatment. Later on stricture of the throat occurred, necessitating an operation, which was performed at the East Liverpool City Hospital. Later the patient was removed to Mercy hospital, Pittsburg, where he was mending nicely until pneumonia set in, which caused his death late Wednesday night (May 3, 1911). The remains were brought to the home yesterday afternoon, and the funeral services will be held there at 1 o’clock tomorrow afternoon, Rev. Mr. Johnson, pastor of the First Christian church, officiating. Interment will be made in Spring Hill cemetery.