Wilson, Aaron H.

Obituary – Aaron H. Wilson
East Liverpool Tribune

LIVERYMAN DIES FROM GAS FUMES
Salem Resident Meets Death In Most, Peculiar Manner.

Aaron H. Wilson, pioneer liveryman of Salem, died from the effects of gas fumes which he inhaled Monday forenoon as he sat at the home of his grandson, W. H. Rukenbrod, 116 East Fourth street, enjoying the heat from the gas stove. After breakfast he had gone to his home and evidently had turned on more gas than could be consumed by the flames. About 10 o’clock, when Cook Shepard went to Mr. Wilson’s room for a friendly chat, he found his aged friend in a semi-conscious condition and selling the gas fumes, he readily discovered the cause. Physicians were summoned, but Mr. Wilson was breathing his last and in a few minutes he slept away peacefully.

Aaron Wilson was born November 21, 1827, at Calcutta, this county. AT the age of eight years, he removed to Salem and had since made that city his home. For 41 years he conducted a livery stable, but for the past 20 years and more had been retired. Mr. Wilson was twice married, his first wife, Margaret Cox, to whom he was married March 13, 1846 having died February 20, 1901. On May 5, 1904, he married Alice Votaw, who died April 21, 1910. Since last may he had made his home with his grandson, W. H. Rukenbrod.